Sunday 14 October 2012

Handmade Halloween Cards - Creepy Spider








To make this card you will need:

  • White card paper (15 x 30cm)
  • Orange card paper (15 x 15cm)
  • Black card paper (approximately 15 x 15cm)
  • 2 green adhesive gems (I used gems 2mm thick)
  • Black stranded cotton thread and needle (or an ordinary black sewing thread)
  • Double sided tape
  • Craft foam pads (I used Stix 2mm thick) 

I have set up and online shop - CRAFT MAGIC ONLINE SHOP- on my blog (top right corner). You can now purchase many crafting supplies right here. The shop is powered by Amazon, so you would be making the purchase through Amazon. I have just selected (and sorted into various categories) crafting products that Amazon sells. My blog's shop is divided into 2 parts; one offers paper crafting and scrapbooking supplies and the other one is for crafty kids and offers variety of beautiful crafty kits and products designed for children.



 
Instructions:

Take white card 15cm x 30cm and fold it in half. Take an orange card paper (size 15cm x 15cm), hand stitch a spider web on it using the black stranded cotton (or use black sewing thread). Then, using double sided tape, attach the orange card with the spider web to the white card. Cut out 2 black borders (15 x 2.5cm each) from the black card paper and make an uneven cuts on 1 side of each of the borders. Then attach them to the right and left sides of the card using double sided tape. Cut out a black spider (size about 9 x 5 cm) and attach it to the card using foam pads. Attach 2 green gems to the spider as his eyes.

In my next posts I will give you detailed instructions on how to draw and hand stitch the spider web, how to draw the spider and how to achieve the uneven cut effect on the border stripes as I did on my card.




 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, we will try and get back to you where we can.